Have you ever found something that just changes your entire fashion game altogether? That, for me, is Stance Socks ...
THVM, stands for This Here Very Moment, was founded in Los Angeles, California in 2009.
In conjunction with each seasonal collection, THVM also produces a magazine, THVM Rag, that celebrates the creative process. The goal of the magazine is to reveal innovative movements at a local and global level, while providing unique perspectives on established artists and creative personas. THVM Rag serves as a platform to share the inspirations and methodologies that reflect the design of the seasonal collection.
We're excited to introduce Henry & Belle - arriving in-store this Fall 2014.
They met in 1931, against the backdrop of Chicago's thriving garment district. Henry Mann was a young designer; Belle, meanwhile, worked as a fitting model for the elegant, tapered styles of the 1930's couture. Henry and Belle fell in love and married in 1932. From that point forward, she was Henry's constant muse - the inspiration behind each collection he created. Through innovative, new materials, these designs weaved Henry's vision with Belle's insight into fit, movement and feel.
While she loved fashion, Belle eventually made the decision to give up her modeling career and become a volunteer philanthropist - a calling she embraced for the rest of her life. In the end, Belle was Henry's vision of perfection: a woman who was confident yet caring, chic yet natural. She looked good. She did good. Together, Henry & Belle not only built the successful family company that continues today, but also a legacy of steadfast commitment to philanthropy.
I love that our store in Shops at Legacy is located right by Ella Bleu. It's such a cute, girlie store and I feel like I find something every time I walk in! Melissa, the store owner, has become a great friend over the last four years. One of my favorite things is combining our clothes and creating amazing looks. This time it's all about SUMMER!
Lace shorts @ Ella Bleu
Top, sandals & necklace @ Ella Bleu
MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE OUTFIT!!!
Fedora, sandals & necklace @ Ella Bleu
Clutch @ Ella Bleu
'47 Brand Cubs tank @ Gameday Cloth
Lace shorts & sunnies @ Ella Bleu
THVM jeans @ Gameday Cloth
Kimono, top & necklace @ Ella Bleu
On this super rainy day, I found myself dreaming of days at the pool and that tight feeling in your skin after a day in the sun and a happy shower pre-dinner with friends. As I look outside at the grey and wet everywhere, I have the urge to shop online for a new swim suit.
But, alas, my friend Alex Young, the blogging brains behind Eat Style Dallas has yet again saved the day. He just posted Poolside Must Haves on his site and I'd be remiss not to share. I met Alex when he volunteered to model in our first ever runway show in 2011, here at the store in Shops at Legacy. We hit it off and I've loved him and his love of all things food and fashion ever since.
Alex describes himself he’s Always Hungry. Always Styled. Always in the know and hungry for more. He is also a regular contributor to KTXD TV’s morning show “The Broadcast” hosted by his friend Courtney Kerr, as the “Dapper Dater." Born and raised in Texas, his blog serves as a guide to all things dapper and delicious.
And without further ado:
(1) Protect the skin you’re in. I’m a local guy who loves local brands and when a great product comes into that mix, well you just can’t go wrong. My first pick? Jack Black Skin Care Sun Guard Sunscreen SPF 45 Oil-Free & Very Water Resistant Lotion. I absolutely hate when a sunscreen product has that self tanner or toxic smell that you catch a whiff of at the pool or outdoors. Enter Jack Black who has created a sun protection product that gets it. The vitamin-enriched, oil-free, very water- and sweat-resistant lotion absorbs quickly without greasy or heavy residue so theres no worries about the white caking on your face or skin. Perfect.
(2) Lip Work. My friends know me as the guy who always has a product on me in order to protect my lips from dryness. My favorite product to do the trick poolside? Kyoku Lip Fuel (SPF 15). It’s a one application wonder that counteracts uncomfortably dry, chapped lips and sunburn. Your lips are often forgotten in the midst of margaritas, music and mayhem at the pool but you’ll thank me when you use this minty mouth saver that’ll save you from cracked lips later.
(3) Best Face Forward. You don’t allow wrinkles in your closet, why would you allow them on your face? Worry no more with my favorite face lotion thats bound to keep the hydration in your face after a long day of sunning. Pick up Anthony Logistics For Men Facial Moisturizer Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30. Sugarcane, sugar maple, orange, and lemon extracts work in tandem to tighten the skin and keep the harmful rays out. All different kinds of skin types can use this nourishing face saver and that is why I always use it when I know I’ll be out in the sun.
(4) Beer, Margaritas…Beer-itas. The drink of choice when poolside if often something that’ll have you dragging later, no matter how tasty. I’m not opposed to those beverages but I was looking for something to incorporate in between the adult imbibing. Another local company that is keeping my thirst quenched Koa Organic Water, is a flavorful approached to getting H2O back into the program. It’s water with 10 minerals and 9 vitamins! Cheers!
(5) Shade shade shade. You won’t be able to see that hottie crossing the pool area if you are being blinded by the sun. Why not do it in style? My pick for this upcoming pool season is the Ray Ban Teardrop Aviator Sunglasses. The chic goldtone metal frames reflect the suns rays while the lenses provide 100 % UV Protection. Grab a pair while they last in stores, friends.