I love that our store in Shops at Legacy is located right by Ella Bleu. It's such a cute, girlie store and I feel like I find something every time I walk in! Melissa, the store owner, has become a great friend over the last four years. One of my favorite things is combining our clothes and creating amazing looks. This time it's all about SUMMER!
Lace shorts @ Ella Bleu
Top, sandals & necklace @ Ella Bleu
MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE OUTFIT!!!
Fedora, sandals & necklace @ Ella Bleu
Clutch @ Ella Bleu
'47 Brand Cubs tank @ Gameday Cloth
Lace shorts & sunnies @ Ella Bleu
THVM jeans @ Gameday Cloth
Kimono, top & necklace @ Ella Bleu
On this super rainy day, I found myself dreaming of days at the pool and that tight feeling in your skin after a day in the sun and a happy shower pre-dinner with friends. As I look outside at the grey and wet everywhere, I have the urge to shop online for a new swim suit.
But, alas, my friend Alex Young, the blogging brains behind Eat Style Dallas has yet again saved the day. He just posted Poolside Must Haves on his site and I'd be remiss not to share. I met Alex when he volunteered to model in our first ever runway show in 2011, here at the store in Shops at Legacy. We hit it off and I've loved him and his love of all things food and fashion ever since.
Alex describes himself he’s Always Hungry. Always Styled. Always in the know and hungry for more. He is also a regular contributor to KTXD TV’s morning show “The Broadcast” hosted by his friend Courtney Kerr, as the “Dapper Dater." Born and raised in Texas, his blog serves as a guide to all things dapper and delicious.
And without further ado:
(1) Protect the skin you’re in. I’m a local guy who loves local brands and when a great product comes into that mix, well you just can’t go wrong. My first pick? Jack Black Skin Care Sun Guard Sunscreen SPF 45 Oil-Free & Very Water Resistant Lotion. I absolutely hate when a sunscreen product has that self tanner or toxic smell that you catch a whiff of at the pool or outdoors. Enter Jack Black who has created a sun protection product that gets it. The vitamin-enriched, oil-free, very water- and sweat-resistant lotion absorbs quickly without greasy or heavy residue so theres no worries about the white caking on your face or skin. Perfect.
(2) Lip Work. My friends know me as the guy who always has a product on me in order to protect my lips from dryness. My favorite product to do the trick poolside? Kyoku Lip Fuel (SPF 15). It’s a one application wonder that counteracts uncomfortably dry, chapped lips and sunburn. Your lips are often forgotten in the midst of margaritas, music and mayhem at the pool but you’ll thank me when you use this minty mouth saver that’ll save you from cracked lips later.
(3) Best Face Forward. You don’t allow wrinkles in your closet, why would you allow them on your face? Worry no more with my favorite face lotion thats bound to keep the hydration in your face after a long day of sunning. Pick up Anthony Logistics For Men Facial Moisturizer Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30. Sugarcane, sugar maple, orange, and lemon extracts work in tandem to tighten the skin and keep the harmful rays out. All different kinds of skin types can use this nourishing face saver and that is why I always use it when I know I’ll be out in the sun.
(4) Beer, Margaritas…Beer-itas. The drink of choice when poolside if often something that’ll have you dragging later, no matter how tasty. I’m not opposed to those beverages but I was looking for something to incorporate in between the adult imbibing. Another local company that is keeping my thirst quenched Koa Organic Water, is a flavorful approached to getting H2O back into the program. It’s water with 10 minerals and 9 vitamins! Cheers!
(5) Shade shade shade. You won’t be able to see that hottie crossing the pool area if you are being blinded by the sun. Why not do it in style? My pick for this upcoming pool season is the Ray Ban Teardrop Aviator Sunglasses. The chic goldtone metal frames reflect the suns rays while the lenses provide 100 % UV Protection. Grab a pair while they last in stores, friends.
These girls are beautiful. We couldn't resist sharing.
He’s at it again. Tim Tebow is setting records in the NFL and he hasn’t even started his first season yet. As I previously mentioned, I bet that Tebow wouldn’t be drafted in the first round. I was wrong. Since being drafted by Denver, Tim Tebow’s #15 Bronco’s jersey is the fastest-selling rookie jersey of all-time. And apparently there isn’t a very close second place.
I still feel as passionately about the guy as I always have. There just has to be more to his story. And apparently I’m not the only one. Bronco’s blogs and message boards received polar reviews of the pick, yet nothing really down the middle. So good or bad, he’s definitely publicity for the team.
I’ll admit, if Tebow decided he liked Gameday Cloth and wanted some Univeristy of Florida gear, I would get it for him. Personally. And hand write the thank you note. Then drive it to him and take a picture of him wearing it.
I still feel the same. I just know Tebow repping your company is not a bad thing.
So fans will be showing up to Bronco’s games (and probably UF games) in the new Bronco’s #15 jersey. The fashionista in me has to object. Can’t there be some originality? Will everyone look the same?
I propose a vintage Gator T-shirt. Ironically, the colors for each team are very similar and everyone would know who you were supporting and envy how good you looked simultaneously. You can wear it to the game, wear it on the weekend and wear it to a casual job under a blazer. Where are you going to wear a jersey outside of a tailgate? And how much does that jersey cost?
And say you’re following the #1 draft pick, Sam Bradford. If you wore an old-school Oklahoma Tshirt, let’s make it white with red lettering to keep from accidentally supporting the opposing team in red, everyone would know who you were cheering for.
Let’s face it, the NFL is all about the players you support more than the team they play for. I bet that’s especially true in Tebow’s case. No matter who he plays for, his loyal followers will shun the colors from the previous team and refill their closet in the new team colors. Isn’t it just easier to rock out in Florida gear?
That's the tagline for Opolis Clothing, an Oklahoma-based collegiate wear company. Since 2008, the company has been manufacturing new products in high quality with that vintage look people can't get enough of. Here at Gameday Cloth, we are no different. I couldn't resist our SMU women's tee. It comes out of the wash, and I wear it again. And the cool stuff we're ordering for the Fall - trust me, you can't wait either!
Co-founders Zac Holland and Pat Waddell met in middle school, but didn't come up with the company idea until after both graduated from the University of Oklahoma. As two graduates working on a small business ourselves, we have a soft spot in our heart for their story; it just so happens the product is great on its own.
Currently Gameday Cloth offers Opolis Clothing for Southern Methodist University and Texas Christian University, but are looking into their products for Oklahoma, Arkansas and Kansas schools as well.
It isn't just local attention they're attracting. Check out this shot of Baltimore Ravens wide receiver, Mark Clayton in an Opolis T-shirt with Michael Phelps.
If you haven't tried out this new company yet, it's definitely time you did.
One of the brands we carry at Gameday Cloth, The Original Retro Brand, isn't just one of our favorites, but a celeb fav as well. In fact, when watching the not so funny movie "Funny People" recently, I noticed Adam Sandler rocking out at least four of the companies vintage T's.
Also a big fan? Jessica Simpson in both Texas and UCLA shirt. And OUR personal favorite? Ashton Kutcher rocking out our Texas Bevo Tshirt.
Currently at Gameday we focus on collegiate brands. It's kind of our thing. But it doesn't mean we don't like to see good lookin' people sporting good lookin' clothes for pro teams.