I just wanted to throw out some fearless predictions that I've shared with people before, but not in a public forum. Just know that these are my opinions and I'll be the first to admit that I'm wrong...although when I'm proven right on some of these (and I will be) don't think that I won't remind y'all ;)
1. Both Texas teams will play in at least one World Series before 2020 and the Houston Astros will win one.
2. SMU will make the Elite 8 in the 2015 NCAA Men's Basketball tournament and Larry Brown will retire shortly afterwards. SMU will return to the Sweet 16 the next year without Coach Brown.
3. Nolan Ryan will run for governor and win.
4. Craig James will run for governor and lose. Somewhere in Washington state, Mike Leach will laugh.
5. Johnnie Manziel (who I dislike to such an incredible degree that I can't put it into words) will have a successful NFL career that lasts at least 6 years, but Jadaveon Clowney will be an All-Pro proving that the Texans made the right choice. Manziel will eventually become a bartender at Vince Young's Steakhouse.
6. One of the non BCS teams in Texas will go undefeated in football, but won't get an invitation to the championship tournament.
7. TCU will win the NCAA title in baseball and no one outside of Fort Worth will notice.
8. Kevin Durant will win an NBA title somewhere outside of Oklahoma City, Dwight Howard won't win won anywhere, not even on NBA 2K.
9. Kevin Sumlin will leave Texas A&M without ever having won a SEC West title. After he leaves, A&M will be found to have committed major recruiting violations, but won't see any serious sanctions. And Aggie fans will still be obnoxious.
10. After Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker retire, the San Antonio Spurs will somehow still be really, really good. This will irritate everyone in Dallas.
11. Jason Garrett and Tony Romo will be seen together at a Lady Gaga concert.
12. Those of us in Austin will continue to remind everyone else how much better Austin is than where you live. The backlash will come and it won't be pretty.
13. Texas A&M and the University of Texas will not renew their annual football game until the lawmakers get involved. Both teams will talk about how great their current situation is (even if it isn't) so the game will be played at the beginning of each season and not the end.
14. Cowboys Stadium will continue to host every conceivable championship event out there, but the Cowboys won't win any of them.
and finally 15.The sun will come out tomorrow.